Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Long Journey Home

Hello everyone,

First, I really hope you enjoyed reading this blog.  Please check back, as the students may continue to add more as they go through their pictures.

The bus picked up all of us except Kate A (who gets a little extra Budapest time) this morning at 3:30 AM local time,  so wake-up was quite soon after bedtime.  Many students assure me they never bothered sleeping.

After we got to the airport and got through the hiccups of checking in, we said goodbye to Zareef and Aaron who were on different flights, continuing their journeys elsewhere in Europe.

Once we arrived in Amsterdam, Catherine, Pove, Chris, and Sarah left the group to further their adventure, while Justin and Eric S. had a flight direct to Seattle they had to "move quite quickly" to catch.

The remaining 11 students and myself boarded the plane to MSP and made it back without a hitch;  although customs at MSP was quite busy, we all made it through.  Most of us are done traveling for the day, although Nick continues on with one more flight home.  We are all very happy to be back!

The students on this trip were fabulous.   They got along well, made class time a lot of fun, and truly embraced all of the planned activities.  I hope this experience was highly impactful for them, both in ways they can articulate and in ways they cannot.  Parents and families - thank you for giving your student a chance to have such a great experience.

The students are ready to enjoy a week off from class and homework.  I, however, have final exams to grade.  The students will say I did it to myself, I guess.  I look forward to seeing them all back on campus in a week.

Best wishes from a very tired, yet happy professor

No comments:

Post a Comment